Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Altec Lansing A7-500-II VOTT Magnificent for sale.. need some help.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Serg's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2011
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Altec Lansing A7-500-II VOTT Magnificent for sale.. need some help.

    So I have this set of Altec Lansing A7-500-II Magnificent VOTT for sale. I just don't know what to price them at. Any help? These are all original. Internals consist of 416A woofers, 802D horns and N-500-E crossovers. Cabinets are in amazing shape as well with very little wear, the grills are perfect and these speakers have not been tampered with. These came out of a one owner audiophile home.

    If anyone can offer any advice on pricing, that would be helpful. The only pair I was able to find for sale was on eBay about a year ago. They sold for about $3800. Also any suggestions on shipping would be appreciated as well. (No they are not hooked up to my puny TV... lol)

    DSCN5009
    DSCN5010
    DSCN5011
    DSCN5015
    DSCN5029
    DSCN5033

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing A7-500-II VOTT Magnificent for sale.. need some help.

    Sorry I cant help you put a price on them but I have to tell you those are BEAUTIFUL.

    Shipping is not difficult. Have them crated and call a local shipping company like YRC and they will come and pick them up. YRC - Shipping, International Shipping, Freight, LTL Carrier
    They can also tell you who can crate them up for you.

    Man I wish I had them.....

    Best of luck to you! :2thumbsup:

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec Lansing A7-500-II VOTT Magnificent for sale.. need some help.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing A7-500-II VOTT Magnificent for sale.. need some help.

    3800 is very high, but the seller got lucky. I have seen Magnificents as low as 1200.

    A median around 2500 might be a good starting point.

    I do not haggle prices. I try to price stuff honestly. If you don't want it, excuse me but there is a customer standing behind you. Were they mine I would probably ask 1600 or so.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hotnorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2011
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing A7-500-II VOTT Magnificent for sale.. need some help.

    $3350.00 wow i would of never thought , congrats you won the jackpot i have a pair sitting in the basement for the last 10 years and i thought they where worthless you really woke me up on this one , hope the buyer goes for a local pickup , i can't imagine building crates for these monsters

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing A7-500-II VOTT Magnificent for sale.. need some help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serg View Post
    So I have this set of Altec Lansing A7-500-II Magnificent VOTT for sale. I just don't know what to price them at. Any help? These are all original. Internals consist of 416A woofers, 802D horns and N-500-E crossovers. Cabinets are in amazing shape as well with very little wear, the grills are perfect and these speakers have not been tampered with. These came out of a one owner audiophile home.

    If anyone can offer any advice on pricing, that would be helpful. The only pair I was able to find for sale was on eBay about a year ago. They sold for about $3800. Also any suggestions on shipping would be appreciated as well. (No they are not hooked up to my puny TV... lol)
    Wow--those are in beautiful shape--great pair of speakers! I think Old Guy is in the ballpark as far as price goes--$3800 is way too much IMHO. Of course I'd like to tell you I think they're worth about $300 and I'll be by to pick them up today!:snickerpup: By the way, you mentioned that they have 802D horns. If you list them to sell them, you'll want to know that they actually have 802D high frequency drivers, and I'm pretty sure those are 511B horns (although many prospective buyers will know that already). Pity you have to sell them--those are some real gems and if the drivers and crossovers are mint they should sound amazing (if not, GPA can make them like new).....
    Being of "Sound" Mind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.